Tuesday 6 October 2009

A letter to you...


Dear you,

It's been a while sorry. I've not had much to say as not much has happened over the last few months. Just the usual man trouble with them tugging at my heart strings and creating a leash to lead me on with. It's sad to report that nothing has changed there and I wish I could bring you happier news.

I have however taken a big leap and moved away from home. It's the first time I have lived away from my parents. Oh yeah, I'm a big girl now! I can't say I miss it as I actually like moving at my own pace.

I live with 5 others. Someone I know, a kiwi couple and 2 irish girls. All professional people with lovely personalities bar one who grates and has habits which are unexplainable.
I have only lived here two/three weeks and I am already baffled by what she thinks and does, well basically functions!

- She moans how the house is a bit dirty, yet she makes the most mess!
- She buys loads of weight-watchers food, yet eats massive slices of cake with her hands!
- She said she slipped in the shower and as a consequence wears flipflops in there now.. surely that aids the hazard!
and they are just a few examples that come part and parcel of a house share and make it fun and exciting.
We all have a good laugh. We've been playing the LoveKnob game. Kirsty, my housemate I know, has been playing a game at work where we sing a song with the word Love in it, but replace it with Knob.
So for example, "can you feel the knob tonight!" "knob, knob me do!" Genius Eh!
This game keeps us amused at dinner times and when we wash up. It is odd to find yourself singing the word knob to 5 people you rarely know but a good bonding exercise all the same :)

So a big change there. Miss Independent I will be :)

Other than that, work is begin to absorb my every emotion and turning me into a lifeless soul. I'm sure I've explained before but to recap, I work for a hotel and sell the conference and meeting rooms for various types of events. One naturally busy period is Christmas and this has been assigned to me to look after. So I need to throw myself full force into contact a 400-strong database and get people in the door.
However it's October and I have done nothing, due to lack of support from all angles. I am under ridiculous about of pressure and could easily work 12 hour shifts equipped with a can of red bull and a jumbo chocolate bar.
I'm working all kinds of extra hours at no pay and with 10 weeks til xmas and targets to meet, beat and exceed, I think I have flopped already.
I can't find the time or motivation to focus and it makes me very sad and blue. Not the best mood to be in to excel.

I hope all is well with you and I am sorry this as been a mix of the happy yet sad, but if you have any words of encouragement to get me through, why not write back?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Love

Me x

1 comment:

Sproglet said...

Michelle-my-belle!!

Remember that? Oh deary me, daddy dearest, what a one!

You do sound down in the dumpage sweetheart. Let's take these things one by one!

Men!! Can be the bane of any womans life, personally speaking, I'm so happy when I'm single, it's great. But then you get a bit lonely, a kiss and a cuddle would be great, someone shows some interest and HEY PRESTO! Those female hormones kick in and that's in, if you're not in love you're somewhere on the road and it's so stupid, why do we do this to ourselves?

One thing I've realised is that old cliché is true. You have to love yourself before you can love, or let yourself be loved by someone else. No use someone else telling you how great you are if you don't agree. And you have to be happy alone before you can be happy together, otherwise you'll throw yourself headlong into things with people who don't deserve you.

(BTW, I'm great at dishing out this advice, but I'm shite at taking it, ask my mate Jo! None of us are infallable lol!)

Let me tell you that from what I remember you're one of the warmest, bubbliest and most fun people to be around. If these guys are fucking you around then they're absolutely not worth it and it's entirely their loss. You'll find someone wonderful soon enough and they'll realise what gimps they've been.....GIMPS!!

Work.....argh....been there, done that. Being taken the piss out of and no support from any angle. I last 8 months, how long have you been there? When I was doing it, it was the shits, but the one thing I took away from it is experience. I'm in a fantastic job that I love now, and all kinds of things are happening for me at the moment. I'd never have got this job without that experience. There's always something positive to take away, try and look for it, and if it's really the shits, don't hang around too long.

Congratulations on moving out! If you're living with 5 other people there's bound to be at least one who winds you up! I've been lucky with mine, I've lived in 3 different places since I moved out. Streatham with Mikey, Croydon with Steve, and now Walthamstow with Grant and Katrin. I have plans to move in with my mate Jo in the Stow quite soon. Enjoy your freedom, moving out was the best thing I ever did, you won't regret it :o)

I hope everything starts looking up for you soon Michelle, you deserve to be happy and it's got to start with you!!

Loadsa e-love! B xxx