Saturday 4 July 2009

Blur at Glastobury & Hyde Park


Blur at Glastonbury & Hyde Park have essentially made my summer.I was never a massive blur fan when they came out, as I was a youngster and my friends where crushing over the latest pop boy band but I eventually discovered Blur through the Great Escape album and have loved them ever since.

I'm no die hard fan but I am a fan and I have never felt more like a fan until the last week.

The Euphoria at Glastonbury (or 'Glastonberry' as our American friends would say) was immense. Everyone eager and ready to go to sing along to those classics we all love. The crowd was a mix of those, Brit Pop Boys & Girls, the older generation who appreciate a good band or two, people like myself who have never seen Blur live before and the 90's kids; the ones that discover the best bands of our times whilst knowing every new band that appears in NME.

The audience sang every song, bounced, jigged and moved. Teenage Crushes reformed. Blur were back and it was like they were never gone. When Damon broke down and had a little sob, we all felt for him. It must felt incredible with Thousands and Thousands of people singing your song long after the song had finished.

Amazing Fans.

Hyde Park was just as amazing. With the sun blazing down, the boys came out with energy, passion and determination. The raw emotions were still there teamed up with a whole lot of love.

I got whipped up in the energy, riffs, chants and tunes and finished the show close to tears during 'The Universal'

Seeing Blur twice in 5 days, makes me want to see them all over again and the whole experience can only be summed up with

I. HEART. BLUR

No comments: